Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Paris again - part 1

On the weekend me and the some of the other exchange students went to Paris.  It was amazing and I saw more things compared to the first time, since we stayed there over night.

First we took the bus at 6.00 am from Troyes to Paris and put all off our stuff in the hotel.  The hotel was small, and the food wasn't that great, but it served it's purpose, since we were only there to sleep.

Juhwan and Yoshi sleeping on the bus
Then we walked to Notre-Dame, but it was closed so we couldn't go inside.  Good thing that I was able to go with Tatiana last time other wise I wouldn't know what it looked like inside.  Then we went over to Sainte Chapelle, which is an amazing medieval chapel made in 1242- 1248, that housed relics of the Passion of Christ.  The stain glass windows were so beautiful (★o★)

Sainte Chapelle
Then we got some free time to go and find lunch.  Some of the other students and I managed to find a cheap restaurant where we got an entrée, main course and desert for 10 euros, which is an awesome deal, since we were in PARIS, home of everything expensive.

Muscles cooked in white wine

Shawn, Phoebe and Rita

I was wondering why most of the meals had
fries, then I remembered.  French Fries...
After lunch we went off to the Louvre (musée du Louvre in French).  The Louvre use to be the old palace, which explains why it's so insanely beautiful and massive.  Apparently if you looked at each art work for 2 seconds at a time it would take you a week to finish the whole gallery.  I kind of got lost inside, so I didn't see as much as I could at the time, but it was still good.  It's so weird seeing so many amazing artworks all in the same room.

Fine Art student finally made it to the Louvre.  My
teachers would be so proud.
Joanne, Hyeyun and me
Me, Steven and Priscilla

Apparently the Mona Lisa is the most
re-produced artwork in the world....
  Oh well, here's another re-production lol

The Raft of the Medusa by Théodore Géricault

The Baroque of Dante by Eugène Delacroix

After that we walked to Sacré-Coeur Basilica, which was another beautiful church, however that didn't allow us to take pictures inside.


Then we went back to the hotel and had dinner.  Then some of us went to one of the rooms and had a party.  It's crazy how we always manage to fit so many people in one tiny room.  After 11 we then went to a club and partied there, so we wouldn't disturb the other people in the hotel.  It was an amazing, but tiring night.  It's good think that I'm powered on adrenalin other wise I would be dead by now.

To be continued...


No comments:

Post a Comment