Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Paris part 2 and other updates

Finally another blog update!!  More and more amazing things keep happening, and I just haven't had the energy to write about then between all the project management and intensive French classes. o(>.<)o

The worst part is that its hard to remember all the awesome things I did, but I'll try my hardest to write them down stating with Paris part 2.


OK, after leaving the hotel we went to the Charles Garnier Opera, which is basically the same opera house that the Phantom of the Opera lives in.  It is insanely beautiful! I think it was one of my favorite places in Paris.  My creative juices were flowing just by being there.  The whole time I was thinking "I've got to write/ draw a story".





Afterwards we were set lose in Champs-Elysees.  Aaron, Drew and I (all from Australia) found a restaurant in one of the back alleys that wasn't as ridiculously expensive like the rest of Champs-Elysees.  When I told them about how you could rent a Lamborghini for 89 euros for 20 minutes, they got really excited and wanted to do it (me too actually), but we spent too much time in the restaurant and ended up running out of time.

Rent a Lambo for 20 mins at 89 euros
The closest we could get to fancy cars was to visit the Maserati show room for about 10 minutes before having to run off with the group to the next location.


Because the Eiffel Tower is so busy, they said that they would give away our reservation if we didn't get there in time so we took off to the Eiffel Tower straight away.  The top floor was closed the last time that I went, so this time I made sure to make it to the top.  

Hyeyun and I on top of the Eiffel Tower

After that we went back to the hotel, packed our bags and went back to Troyes.  It was an amazing excursion, however we were so tired after that!!  Completely dead the next day during class, but still it was awesome.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

This intensive winter course is crazy!  They really intended for us to here.  We start class everyday at 8am for Project Management, which I think is really hard, then we have French from 10am -12pm and 1:30 - 3:30pm.  My French class is actually really interesting and fun, but 4 hours a day is also a killer.  I never used to drink coffee in Australia, but suddenly I'm drinking it everyday here.  The good news is that it tastes good :).  

Then after class we have to scavenge around for food like animals in the wild... Ok, it's probably not that bad, basically all we need to do is go shopping and make food, but then again I've never lived alone without someone to cook for me, so this is a new experience.  

Also the accommodation that I live in; ADPS, is a temporary accommodation.  People are only supposed to stay there until they get their proper housing, but since some of us are only staying for a month, we're stuck here.  Everything is really basic and there's nothing to cook with, but in a way that's good, because some days I meet up with some my friends and we cook and eat together, which is awesome!!!

We also started a new ritual here called "Coffee Time".  It started when I bought a cheap 9 euro kettle from the super market and suddenly it turned into a fountain of life, where weary travelers come to replenish their strength.  Basically a few of us from ADPS meet up in the kitchen at 10pm to drink coffee or tea and hang out.  It's not really the ideal time to drink coffee, but it's great being able to spend time with like minded people.

Anyway, I should go and get ready for bed now.  Hopefully I'll be able to find some more time to post updates.





No comments:

Post a Comment