Thursday, June 16, 2011

last saturday

Hello everyone I'm back. Ok I'll admit it! The real reason I haven't updated in a while is because I've been reading One Piece!.. It still counts as research though because it's Japanese!!

Anyway on Saturday I went to Harajuku again, In case you couldn't tell Harujuku is one of my favourite places, especially Takeshitadori AKA the main fashion street full of awesome clothes.

For this special occasion I decided to wear my 'Fancy Pants' after all I didn't want to look TOO normal. Anyway a lot of the punk stores have similar clothes with slight variations eg. Different coloured belts, zips, whatever else... So when I went into a shop, the shop keeper asked me if my pants were original (which they are.) It was pretty cool that she was able to tell right away.

Normally that kind of comment could either be compliment or an insult depending on how you look at it. However since granny helped me make it, there's no way it would obviously look shabby and homemade category.
My 'Fancy Pants'

Most of the clothes in the main street were pretty expensive (between $50-$100 each.) The same shop keeper who noticed my pants said that all of the clothes in her store were handmade so that probably explains the prices.

I even found some H.Naoto stores (My favourite Japanese designer) however brand name clothes always come with brand name prices. One T-shirt cost up to $50 and actually garments and dresses probably cost up to $100-$300.

Luckily enough my 'Cheap-skate' instincts kick in and I was able to discover all the secret, cheap stores. If you go around the back into the side streets some of the stores have cheaper clothes.
I got this shirt for 1000yen, which is aprox $10

This is obviously the most Japanese shirt
I've bought so far... yes that was sarcasm.
$30
I also discovered a 345yen shop (which is about $3.80) I’m not sure why the price is so specific however everything in the shop was 345 yen. The shop was pretty random it had clothes, party stuff, things shaped like a marijuana leaf. They had some really cool fluoro coloured belts (pink, blue, yellow, green)
I got a blue one.
this also cost 345yen

For lunch I decided to try a Japanese McDonalds. They used the boards at the top to advertise new products and had the menus at the front counter. Even though I can Katakana I didn't want to spend the next 10 minutes deciding what I wanted to eat so I did what any gaijin (tourist) would do. I just pointed at the pictures.

I noticed while I was eating my teriyaki chicken burger that a lot of people like checking themselves out. The two girls sitting in front of me had their mirrors propped up in front of them as if they were desperate for more company. There was even a guy fixing his eye shadow as well... Did I mention how fashionable Japanese guys are? (He had bleached hair, nose rings and awesome clothes.)

If this was Australia it would probably go like this: "Wow that guy's hair is perfect, he's got a great fashion sense... oh wait he's gay."

... I need a break, I'll write about sunday later if I remember to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment