Sunday, June 5, 2011

sports day

Yesterday was my school's sports day (Thats right, I had to waste my beautiful saturday on a school event.) 

In Australia everyone is randomly split up into different house colours (red, green, blue and yellow) but here the homerooms get split up into different colours (red, green, blue, yellow and purple.)

Also each homeroom got to design their own flag and t-shirt (though I wasn't involved in that process since I have homeroom in the international classroom.) Also the T-shirts were professionaly made, none of this paint your own stuff.  I'm still getting use to this private school stuff.

I also noticed that a lot of the homerooms use their homeroom teachers as  mascots.  "Holy cow, the drawing looks exactly like the teacher!! Hahahaha"
Either that or they stole copyrighted images or logos and change them.  I saw mcdonalds "i'm loving it," the simpsons, ghost busters, coca cola, one piece and my personal favourite... 'Fatman'
I wish I was in the 'fatman' team

front
My homeroom's t-shirt wasn't very creative compared to the others.  I think the name is a combination of "sono" our teachers name and "territory" with a barcode at the bottom.  On the back is our class '2C' (the rooms at school are named after the class compared to in Australia where the classes are named after the rooms.)  I have no idea what 'Mitsuhisa' is, it might be a football reference since everyone schemes to love soccer except for me.
back
On the back has everyone's nicknames... in english for some reason.  Maybe they think english words are cool, who knows.  But who cares, they included my name!!!!! Yay, acceptance!!! 

they included my name!! :D


Anyway I had to wake up at 5:30am because the oval was really far away. It was practically country side area. 


a rice field near the oval


At the oval there were a bunch of tents with tarps under them for each different homeroom.  Since I got there early I fell asleep on my tarp.  It is so weird when you fall alseep alone and then wake up with heaps of people around you.


All the events were done in teams like group jump rope, 30 legged race, chucking balls into baskets and a bunch of other stuff.  Aparrantly they were selecting who would compete on wednesday but I had no idea what they were doing, therefor when I went up to join one of the races they sent me back.  I was so pissed off, friggin language barrier! I should have just put my name down for everything, though I still wouldn't have know what I was doing.  Luckly enough I got to do a few of the bigger activitys.

these are obviously different classes, other wise who would take the phots.



Also they had a cheer leading team who liked highschool musical music... oh boy.  But they were really good, they stood on each others shoulders and started chucking people into the air.  It was awesome.

i was too distracted to take propper pictures.
  The breakdancing club also did a dance too. (Was eating luch so I didn't take a picture)  After school I always ended up getting lady gaga songs stuck in my head evertime I went past them practising.  I swear, do any of these people listen to Japanese music?

what else did we do hmm..... Oh yeah, aparrently every school/ sometimes companys have their own exercise routine.  So we all walked up in rows holding out flags.  (I held our flag since no one else wanted to be at the front) and did the exercise routine, listen to a bunch of teachers talk, listen to the school long and national anthem (I don't think the japanese anthem has any words, either that or no one knew it.)  Now that I think about it, it was like the olympics.

I'm going bed now so... bye

2 comments:

  1. haha, which house won?

    pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yellow beat the pants off of everyone. They won with over 100 points while all the other colours had between 10-50 points.

    ReplyDelete