Thursday, June 2, 2011

recap from sunday

This is going to be a pretty long post since I haven’t written anything all week.  Just to be safe I’m writing this down in word before blogger decides to delete it again.

I guess I’ll start at the beginning of the week.  On Sunday there was a kendo tournament, my international teacher said that it would be good if I went and saw them compete since I was intending to join the club. 

Knowing my terrible sense of direction I made sure I come prepared.  My home stay dad printed me a map and taught me the names of the train stations in Japanese. I even left an hour early to make sure I got there on time.  So I took the train and changed lines and got off at “Hakusan 白山” station and walked all the way to the school.  The only problem was that… I went to the wrong school.

The security guard was very nice though, he even drew me a map of where I was.  It turned out that not only had I walked in the opposite direction of where I was suppose to go, I also walked off the map completely. I really live up to my reputation.  But trust me I wasn’t out of the woods just yet.  Eventually I got lost again in another direction, so I called my teacher and he said to find a police box or a “koban 交番” and ask for help so… I ended up getting lost looking the police station too, oh boy.  But I found them eventually (I can’t believe I got lost when all I had to do was go straight.)  Anyway after an hour of walking in the rain, (oh yeah, did I mention we had a massive down pour thanks to an oncoming Typhoon.) I finally made it to the kendo hall.  You may all be wondering how I make it in the end.  The truth is, I got so lost that I figured out which ways not to go… or rather which way did I go down already.  Yep, now you know my secret of how I know all the back streets around the town hall. Oh boy, I should get a title for being so directionally challenged.

Huh? What actually happened at the kendo tournament? Well I stood by myself and watched about two hours worth of people getting hit in the head with bamboo swords.  Don’t get me wrong, they had some amazing fighters, watching the girls was funny.  Some of them sound like baby dinosaurs when they scream.  However it got boring quickly especially since there was no one to talk to.  Here's a pictrure.

Wow, thats heaps long already so i'll write the rest later.

2 comments:

  1. yay, you've finally updated your blog :)hows your study going lol?

    pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. My days are starting to get longer now. Sometimes they go from 8.30am-6pm that's why I haven't written very much. As for my studying sometime i feel like i'm getting dumber, oh boy I hope that changes soon.

    ReplyDelete