Saturday, July 20, 2013

Friday 12-7-2013

Holy cow!  It's crazy how far behind I've gotten with my blog.  It's a good thing that I've been keeping notes and (as I call it) blogging the manual way.

I believe that the technical term is called
'keeping a journal'
So I'll start from last Friday and how my trip to Florence went...

Friday 12-7-2013

I was intending to go out this morning to see the city, but I was so exhausted for the week, that I ended up staying at home for the whole day, but then I got a huge scare.  About 2 hours before my train to Florence I received an email saying that my hotel reservation was canceled.  (I eventually found out that the website rejected my card and didn't receive my deposit).  So I had to re-book my room at the last minute, but they only allowed me to stay 1 night instead of 2 like I wanted, but I was so desperate that I took what I could get.

Then I arrived in Florence a few hours later at 10 pm.  The hostel was supposed to be very close to the station, but I ended up getting lost (like usual).  I'm getting so good at getting lost now, that it's practically a skill now.  The worst part is that I had a map, meaning that, imagine which part of the country I would have ended up in without it!  (It was a good thing that I only brought 1 bag.)

On the way, (2 hours of walking/ even though it was 5 minutes away from the station.)  I was starting to consider staying in a different hotel so that I wouldn't be homeless, but then I found it.  Yay!!

P.S I managed to get hit on in the street again.  I swear, boys never pay attention to me back home, but for some reason they keep asking me out here.  (Especially when I'm tired and sweaty from traveling all the time.)  Yeah... it's weird.

I think this picture explains itself.

Smelly tourist tip:
  Wearing your clothes while sleeping (including keeping phones and cameras in your pockets), helps both to protect your stuff from being forgotten or stolen and you can head out early too.

No comments:

Post a Comment