Friday, July 12, 2013

Super catch up - Tuesday


I swear this blog is attached to my memory.  It's like, if I didn't write it down, it didn't happen...

Tuesday 9-7-2013

On Tuesday we went to an awesome building which Barbara called the 'Fairy House', which was made by the Italian architect Gino Coppede.  This is one of the buildings we are going to construct next week for the model making part of this course.

Fairy House

Buildings across the road

Pencil and watercolour

Then we went to MACRO, which is another museum of contemporary art in Rome.  The architecture of the building was really nice and innovative, but the actual art inside the building... Hmmmm.... yeah there's no avoiding it, they were pretty crappy.  I may have learned how to analyse artworks in class back at home, but no matter how much you analyse things, crap is still crap.

 
Although this red thing was pretty cool (literally).  There's a cavern underneath it with video screens and yoga mats where you can lie down.  I really wanted to sleep in there since it was so comfy.

Sculpture stuff

Metal arty thing

Drawing of the metal arty thing, done in ink,
markers and coloured pencils
There were a lot of crappy paintings and drawings upstairs, but they weren't worth taking photos of.  Just try to imagine a room full of drawings of drugs and boobs done by a 5 year old.  (The joys of contemporary art...)

After a while everyone got bored (even the teacher thought the works sucked) and decided to go home.  Then Lucy, Erin and Tahni came over and cooked dinner for us, since I cooked the night before, which was awesome!  (I love having friends who know how to cook.)  Then I went out with them (as well as Tom and Lex) to a trendy street, which is close to our school and had drinks.  It was a really nice atmosphere and spending more time with the each other was nice too.





P.S. I take it back.  There's no way this blog could survive without my sarcastic remarks.


No comments:

Post a Comment