Friday, July 12, 2013

super catch up - Monday

Oh man, I've been so busy this week that I haven't had a chance to update.  So for this entry I'm just going to submit some super condensed entries (which is pretty much minus the sarcasm) of this week so that I can continue on wards like normal.  Enjoy.

Monday 8-7-2013

On Monday we meet up at Piazza del Popolo and walked down to an auditorium, which looked like a giant whale, and drew.  

Markers, coloured pencils and pen

This week we emphasis on drawing modern buildings and urban development in contrast to to the ancient ruins, however pretty much everyone preferred the ancient buildings and got bored pretty quickly.  So our teachers allowed us to go inside and draw the musicians/ roadies set up for a concert.

Photo of inside

markers and watercolours
 
After that we headed off to the MAXI contemporary art museum, but it was closed (the administration people didn't research that very well) so we had to figure out something else to do.  So we walked on for a bit, went to an art shop and to modern building, which was built over an ancient alter (to protect it), but by that time I had lost all interest due to an extreme heat and hunger, so there's no pictures of that.

After that Megan, Sharron and I went off to have lunch together, which was actually harder than it seemed, because Megan is gluten and lactose intolerant, meaning that we had to find a restaurant that served special pasta for her, but in the end we were lucky and managed to find one that wasn't too expensive.
Had my favorite spaghetti as usual ;D
Then we got gelato and headed back right before the rain started, which was awesome.  (I got melon and strawberry.  SO GOOD!)

Megan, me and Sharron

Then we went back to our apartment where I cooked dinner (and didn't burn it this time!) and had a mini drawing session.

EVIDENCE OF A NOT BURNT MEAL! 

Sketch of Sharron Megan and I at the table
 
P.S.  Our teacher Barbara wrote and illustrated her own book, which we bought from her (a new reason to learn Italian). 



P.P.S.  This really wasn't a short post was it, haha

No comments:

Post a Comment